View post (Technique Books/Videos)

View thread

daveasdf
daveasdf
10/26/2003 3:49 pm
man, I downloaded a bunch of videos off the net before I stuck my finger in my cpu fan and broke it right off haha, but they were mostly just clips from full lenght videos it looked like and all they were were some guy saying 'and here's another pattern that I call blah blah' and he shows it briefly and then works it up the neck at an incredible rate without discussing anything about it, then moves onto something else. is this typical of technique videos? I need scales, patterns and techniques, like a textbook that I can work through. I don't want to blow my booze money on some guy, who although may be a guitar god, can't teach worth crap. Like eric johnson. what a freakn tool.

(please note that I am ignorant of the accomplishments of eric johnson and i am basing my opinion of him as a tool on his instructional video series. if you disagree with my opinion i will not appologize, nor will i hold it against you, although I will be slightly annoyed to see somebody bring it up in this thread.)