Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/22/2003 8:10 pm
I'm thinking of getting a new pickup for my Strat, and this sounds like what I want. Actually, that statement is a bit misleading, since I haven't actually heard the pickup before. I do know that Slash uses the pickup in his LP, and I am a big fan of his tone (i.e. sweet, lots of sustain, not too much distortion).

Has anyone else used this pickup? Was it the single-coil or the humbucker? What did you think of it?

Keep in mind that this is for a Strat.

Thanks guys!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
10/23/2003 9:54 pm
I have the pickups that slash uses. I think thier great. However there is a les paul. They will sound different in a fender and given what type of fender you have, my have to do some body altering. There humbuckers sooooooo. I suggest doing the best with what you have. See if there are any favorite musicians with strats and whats thier setup. You could still get Alnico pro 2, but no gaurentee that a strat will sound like a les paul. I personal wouldnt. Good luck! If you want to hear them go to seymour duncans web site and he give you some samples to hear.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 2
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
10/24/2003 10:08 am
Its not the pickups that make slashs tone, its the simple combination of gibson guitars with big overdriven marshall stacks. I have a few gibson les pauls, and have had a couple with seymour duncans in it. I prefer slashs tone pre-seymour, its more natural.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.