View post (Got my new Axe)

View thread

nasum_human
nasum_human
10/08/2003 12:47 pm
be warned when buying kramers... they're good guitars, but the ones ordered from musicyo.com (I'm not sure if you can get them anywhere else) arent always set up well. My brother bought the explorer model, and I spent 3 hours fiddling with the action, using a fret stone and re-soldering a couple of temperamental dry solder joints.
After this however it plays well, I personally hate the explorer shape, but those quad rail pickups are HOT! it's a great hard rock/metal guitar.
I'm not alone either, I've read several letters in guitar magazines about kramer guitars and these kinds of problems. It will only take an hour or so to fix any problems they may have however, and they're pretty cheap for what they are. Also I love those skull and crossbone tuning pegs on the baretta!
And I didnt know that P series parker fly's werent 'proper' parkers, it seemed pretty cheap for a highy specced guitar, so maybe there's some compromises... man I want an original one more than ever now!
guns dont kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they've got a gun)