Torn Bewten two loves

Cody_King
Cody_King
09/24/2003 8:15 am
Ive been in a bit of a delimia latley,I want be a good guitarest, hopfully one day do it as a pro, but most of my Teen years have been spent on the computer, over the past year or so I have been playing guitar a lot, but the computer still grabs my attention,I think if I got rid of my comp I would probley be able to keep my concentration on guitar to a much bigger degree

Pros:
A lot more free time, less distractions

Cons:Loss of a lot of Info I could get off the net,Loss of online friends(This is bad, but something i would get over)

So im kind of torn, I know if I keep my comp around ill be on it and Be distracted, but ill have to rely on books and such for info. What do you guys think?
# 1
andy82
andy82
09/24/2003 8:37 am
If you must choose then... chuck the PC away. Funny coming from a guy studying Computer Science @ uni. Imagine after reaching your goal in the future, how fulfilling it might be.

And what do you mean by info??? You mean for research when you do assignments?? Then obviously you need to use the net.
# 2
Cody_King
Cody_King
09/24/2003 9:00 am
I mean info on guitar :), Scales, Coords Input from you guys hehe.
# 3
andy82
andy82
09/24/2003 10:06 am
Practise Mental Power fella! If you can't handle it I guess you just gotta face it, you love ur guitar and ur PC. :) Go easy on yourself
# 4
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/24/2003 10:22 am
yeah - to become a pro and maybe make a living out of it you need to have alot of discipline and mental strength. if you have not enough discipine and strength to stay away from your computer, then you wont have the balls to make it pro - even if you throw your computer away. there will always be things that distract you. sorry if it sounds hard, but thats the way it is.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 5
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
09/24/2003 12:01 pm
Just pick one... and give me the other :)
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 6
concrete chaos
concrete chaos
09/25/2003 3:59 am
well if u get distracted try more discipline [ i have next to none but im trying to work on it]

i consider myself a beginner, just started scales and grade 1 theory stuff...i aim to be real good, which means playing whatever sound i hear in my head fluently on the guitar or whatever instrument needs to be the vessel..anyway

i get distracted always and even though i want to play/practice more..i dont always have the emotional support i need [from myself ha]

my advice or lack thereof..is not how much but what u do..like do whatever u feel like doing if u really wanna practice ull give up whatever else u were doing....plans, reading, feeling depressed, staring at the wall, drawing taht about covers my schedule [work is like mandatory so i hate it right now]

find a way around it really a comp is good....but dangerous i get what u mean,,i hope the same thing dont happen to me when i get my new one....itll be another one to add to my list of distractions..

'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.