View post (Anal guitar freaks)

View thread

Digit
Digit
09/24/2003 4:10 pm
Listening to a crappy guitar player just pisses me off. Mostly cause there's so many amazing guitar players out there who deserve recognition and don't get it cause they didn't win the fame 'lottery', meanwhile some mediocre chord player with limited lead playing ability rides the coat tails of some well known band and gets to buy his mansion in beverly hills while a guy who's studied for 25 years gets nothing cause of the luck of the draw.

I know what you mean by crappy guitarists in bands. I hear about these supposedly awesome bands for years and never listen to them because I don't personally like the style of music. Then I'm sitting here watching some late night talk show and a band I've heard about for years is going to be on. I wait up to watch the for the first time band and half way through their song I end up screaming at the tv "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT???" "THAT GUY SUCKS!!!!"
Then my whole understanding of what talent really is comes into question & I sit there dumbfounded that people will listen to crap like that and either like it, or just believe or the hype and go along with the crowd.
(my 2 cents rant)