View post (Practicality of guitar synths)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/22/2003 5:19 am
guitar to midi/synth technology has developed a great bit. The Roland GK Pickups track perfectly (of course you need ot set them up perfectly aswell) at almost any speed - even when you shred. there are very very good soundmodules out there with expandable sounds. i personally plan on getting one of those in the nead future. i tested the Axxon AX100 board at the musicfair in frankfurt and i was litterally blown away! i could play sax, horns, organs, winds, drums with NO flubs or anything - even with bends and odd-timings. its just a matter of setting up the pickup and the board - the distance betwen the pickup and the bridge and the distance between pickup and strings need to be entered very accurately into the converterboard and the type of guitar etc... once done you can play with no flubs at all. when the pickup is NOT set up in the right way, you´ll have all those midi-flubs and inaccuracies. so when you are goin to test those pickups in a musicstore and they dont work propperly, then you can be perfectly sure that they are not set up right.

I plan on getting te Roland GK2AH Pickup, the Roland GI-20 GK Midi interface (the best midi interface on the planet i´ve been told - and so say some reviews aswell) connected to the Roland XV 2020 Syth-module. go check http://www.rolandus.com

[Edited by Azrael on 09-22-2003 at 12:27 AM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]