View post (getting famous)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
09/23/2003 4:49 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
I think Maynard Keenan of Tool has a good balance of celeb/engima.

Yeah. :) I love tool man, and as soon as I can collect enough coin I'm getting the new Perfect Circle CD. I like that style (not a goth or anything).

I would like to be famous, I would like to be recognised as a musician and a songwriter, I believe in equal measure, I read so many extremely capable guitarists who say they dont put huge shredding solos in their music because it doesnt fit the song, my view, is if you're a good enough musician and composer, you can make anything fit into a song and make it great.

I dunno from my experiences when I write a song. Once I get the first few bars, the music sort of writes itself. I hear it and I put it down, I don't try to force something that I'm not feeling or try to conform it in any other way. If I do it always seems un-natural and that's the worst thing you can do to your music. I don't try to write the greatest song every time I sit down to compose. I just get the ideas out and what it becomes is that moment, sort of like an impressionist.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.