View post (michael angelo or yngwie malmsteen)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/19/2003 5:53 am
exactly - there is NO difference no matter how the strings are tuned or where the high and low notes are. that just a matter of a few weeks to getting used to it. a stick is also not tuned like two guitars. the guitar side is tuned in descending fourths while the bass is tuned in ascending fifths. when you grab a stick for the first time in your life you´ll be "WTF???" since you have to get used to play a guitar that has the low strings at the bottom with your left hand while tapping a "normal" guitar with your right hand. it is completely unimportant for that "ambidextrousity" thing how the guitars are tuned and in which direction the necks are pointing. the thing is, that you have to be able to play completely different things with both hands at the same time. and that skill can be learned by virtually everybody in a relatively short amount of time. so i dont see any superhero-powers in angelo´s play. i´d bet my ass off that when you would buy a guitar like angelos, you´ll be able to do the same stuff as he does within no time.

[Edited by Azrael on 09-19-2003 at 12:56 AM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]