View post (Your Fantasy Lineup)

View thread

u10ajf
u10ajf
09/23/2003 10:13 pm
Hmm.. King Crimson? Listen to Discipline and see what I mean. But that's cheating.

Vocals: Mike Patten (faith no more) and woman from Enya, clannad or cranberries or something like that, I like that kind of female voice.
guitar: Paco De Lucia (not heard much but it'd be nice to have an awesome fingerstyle player)
Guitar: Either a very scary metal players with terrific chops and tons of melody (e.g. Pettrucci, Glenn Tipton or David Moore) or Terje Rypdal who plays all these neat volume swells and experiments with dissonance and plays orchestral and jazz music, talented man far far underated.
Bass: Stu Hamm or Mark King, slap, tap, bobble, insanity!
Keys: Chopin, Gottschalk or Rachmaninov (I love classical piano) or maybe that freak jazzer Art Tatum who appears to defy all physical laws by playing things that are not possible.
violin: (come on, you need strings!) Maxim Vengerov... This guy's so good he makes me laugh tears. ENVY ENVY.
Cello Raphael Wallfisch cause he's the only cellist I can name.
Drums: Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater or maybe Bill bruford (king crimson).
Triangle: Why me naturally! I'm very talented, I have diverse talents also and can play square, circle, rombus and fool equally well.

So many near misses.. No idea how they;d jam of course! There might be too much bravado with all those competing egos, might end up **** actually.

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?