Good vocal training sites?

Cody_King
Cody_King
09/12/2003 9:31 am
I asked this a while back, but I cant find the link, Anyone have any decent sites on how to sing?
thanks again.
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/14/2003 2:30 am
Just do a search on yahoo or somthing...
I looked into techniques to be a better singer,but most every place was selling somthing(books mostly).
More recently ive discoverd that I need not buy another "looks nice on the shelf with the rest" book.Rather ive just been singing alot.You'll have to activley practice to increase your range,learn proper breathing and explore your voice.no text or video can make you a better singer(or a better anything usually).If your able to jam often then opt to sing as much as possible.Sing with strong conviction like you would sound a note on the guitar.Keep your throat well hydrated(no smokes while singing!)and project your voice with confidence.Ive heard honey is good to keep your throat from drying out and theres some special fancy(expensive)vocal sprays too,but I just down a couple glasses of water.Thats all I know,but ive improved...
I had the idea I needed to learn to sing before I could sing good enough to do so in the presence of others without being somewhat embarrassed...dont let that fool you.
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
Cody_King
Cody_King
09/14/2003 6:24 am
Sodas bad for me too hehe, i should stop drinking it., but ya your right. Thanks for the advice, I need to read up on breathing techs though.
# 3
Cody_King
Cody_King
09/14/2003 4:48 pm
I tend to put alot of emotion into singing when i do it, which i guess it good, but my voice is soo low its hard to hear :)
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/14/2003 7:10 pm
What style/s are you singing(death metal,black metal,metalcore/hardcore,power metal,classic rock,acoustic,punk e.c.t)?
Name some singers you think have ideal voices youd like to build on.

Try once,fail twice...
# 5
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
09/14/2003 7:20 pm
i;m trying to do hansi kusrch.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.