View post (What does Music mean to you?)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
09/03/2003 3:39 pm
Music is a dreadful thing in my life. It never leaves my mind, and I can't remember a time of my life that I didn’t hear a tune in my head. Haunting me until I write it out. Some days I absolutely hate it and wish it to go away, some days I love it and cherish it because I know it's a gift. It's just a pain when it comes to having to pay attention to something else in life, I become almost lobotomized to it. It sucks sometimes, and I fear for my mind and life in the future. As for the effect it has on me, it all depends on the music. I’ve never head banged to classical (hehe) nor do I feel happy when listening to metal, unless it’s In Flames. :) But yeah music definitely has an effect on me, like most people it can change your feelings from sad to happy or whatever and when I hear a good song, I’m like “hell yeah”. Yes, it even carries me to a different world in my imagination. It also helps release something deep inside either by creating music or just listening to it. That benefit is my favorite though.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.