View post (Bebop scales)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
10/08/2003 1:23 am
I apologize I didn't mean to insult you. I know your an artist and I didn't write that post thinking your were anything less. Again I think it's misunderstanding what one says, and since the conversation had already started to get heated it was easy to see the worst possible way to take what I said. Your right maybe teach was a bad word, I should have said something like show or commune. I reffered to teach because I know one person can learn alot from another, not to insult you. Your right theory is academic and in the converstaion about the F, G, and I6 chords I was trying to be non-academic about it. I said there was no reason to have three different names for different variations of one chord, which today ,if I recall the discussion correctly was a dominant 7 chord. To me sound is what matters, and you don't need theory to judge how a chord will act. Art has no rules and no practices, music should be unbridled. I am not trying to force this on anyone but I hope there is much to learn from each other, as I have learned.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.