View post (Bebop scales)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
10/06/2003 9:45 pm
What's funny about those debates we had is, I have a different view on the subject, I express it, we debate it, I prove my point, and it ends with me being dishonest but no one can prove what I am saying is wrong. All to see who knows more on the subject in a traditional sense. When the rule musicians should share is lost. Music theory is theory, there is always going to be holes in it or infinite possibilities. My point was always to point out the holes so that one day music will once again be an art not a science. A shared thought that me and DeBussy have.

"There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. I love music passionately. And because l love it, I try to free it from barren traditions that stifle it. It is a free art gushing forth, an open-air art boundless as the elements, the wind, the sky, the sea. It must never be shut in and become an academic art." - DeBussy

I'm trying to teach you and it's sad that you can only see it as academic, ignoring the non-academic.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.