how long to play slipknot songs

Karma In The South
Karma In The South
09/04/2003 10:43 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Originally posted by ketsueki15
there songs are really easy but the practice routine mick showed in the guitar magazine is a killer..u guys say they suck..hey obviously they dont to some other wise they wouldnt be selling albums.

1). Since the Backstreet Boys sell more records than Slipknot, they must be better, right?

Nah, Slipknot write their own music, and it sells millions of records, therefore they obviously have talent.

Whoever writes the Backstreet Boys songs, I believe one of the members writes them plus probably proffessional songwriters, is obviously talented too if they can write catchy songs people like and buy.
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/05/2003 12:18 am
Originally posted by Karma In The South
there songs are really easy but the practice routine mick showed in the guitar magazine is a killer..u guys say they suck..hey obviously they dont to some other wise they wouldnt be selling albums.

1). Since the Backstreet Boys sell more records than Slipknot, they must be better, right?

Nah, Slipknot write their own music, and it sells millions of records, therefore they obviously have talent.

Whoever writes the Backstreet Boys songs, I believe one of the members writes them plus probably proffessional songwriters, is obviously talented too if they can write catchy songs people like and buy.

It doesn't take talent to follow a long established formula, make slight alterations and churn out cheap records that thousands and thousands of people will gobble up. Business sense, a little foresight, yes, but neither business sense nor foresight really count as "musical talent" in my book.

Marketing((Group of attractive, well manicured young men + dance routines) + ("poppy" music - anything original + pocket beats)) = A lot of teen girls and top 40 radio time

Marketing(foul language+moderately heavy music+gimmick-originality) = Angsty teen boys and angry men with no necks who want to mosh
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
09/05/2003 4:24 am
Originally posted by Karma In The South

It doesn't take talent to follow a long established formula, make slight alterations and churn out cheap records that thousands and thousands of people will gobble up. Business sense, a little foresight, yes, but neither business sense nor foresight really count as "musical talent" in my book.

Marketing((Group of attractive, well manicured young men + dance routines) + ("poppy" music - anything original + pocket beats)) = A lot of teen girls and top 40 radio time

Marketing(foul language+moderately heavy music+gimmick-originality) = Angsty teen boys and angry men with no necks who want to mosh

So True.

Marketing is not good for the music industry. Since marketing is based on the fact that you are making products to fit into what people want. Well, it was ok with one band, but now no one has broken the mold. They keep marketing the same type of nu-metal crap.

I believe that Slipknot has talented musicians, heck, I like Stone Sour. Corey Taylor is an awesome singer, and Mick can shred. But when you try to sound like crap, as Rask said, it's insulting.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 3
The Other One
The Other One
09/06/2003 5:13 pm
Dude this 'Refused' band seems interesting...do you know where i can hear some of their stuff??? i have alot of friends who absolutely love slipknot so i've found that some of there more "melodic" songs such as 'Me Inside' can be kind of entertaining....but tell me more about this 'Refused' i think i am ery open-minded and will listen to anything that seems to be decent music to decide if it really is or not...
....What a long, strange trip its been.....
# 4
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/06/2003 5:18 pm
check out arch enemy..there guitarist are really really good..sorta like melodic metal somewat.ther from sweden
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 5
The Other One
The Other One
09/07/2003 3:07 pm
koooooooool
....What a long, strange trip its been.....
# 6
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
09/08/2003 9:49 pm
I know a couple of Refused songs, Im not sure how I found out about them but I like them, Ive looked for their albums around and cant seem to find any. I like Tannhauser, its epic but completely listenable, its not pretentious as most 8 minute orchestral/metal pieces tend to be. Ill get a couple of the songs you mentioned PonyOne, I know a couple of swedes so Ill see about getting an album of theirs.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.