View post (how long to play slipknot songs)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/05/2003 12:18 am
Originally posted by Karma In The South
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Originally posted by ketsueki15
there songs are really easy but the practice routine mick showed in the guitar magazine is a killer..u guys say they suck..hey obviously they dont to some other wise they wouldnt be selling albums.

1). Since the Backstreet Boys sell more records than Slipknot, they must be better, right?

Nah, Slipknot write their own music, and it sells millions of records, therefore they obviously have talent.

Whoever writes the Backstreet Boys songs, I believe one of the members writes them plus probably proffessional songwriters, is obviously talented too if they can write catchy songs people like and buy.

It doesn't take talent to follow a long established formula, make slight alterations and churn out cheap records that thousands and thousands of people will gobble up. Business sense, a little foresight, yes, but neither business sense nor foresight really count as "musical talent" in my book.

Marketing((Group of attractive, well manicured young men + dance routines) + ("poppy" music - anything original + pocket beats)) = A lot of teen girls and top 40 radio time

Marketing(foul language+moderately heavy music+gimmick-originality) = Angsty teen boys and angry men with no necks who want to mosh
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons