A good Guitar player

Gainer
Gainer
09/02/2003 4:46 pm
From what everyone has been saying, pot helps. But i'm still sceptic. But When you think about the long hair, alot of good guitarist have long hair.
This is a weird thread.
If I leave here tomorrow,
Will you still remember me?
# 1
Evo
Evo
09/02/2003 4:55 pm
I think long hair for a guitarist is like Samson's hair giving him strength. I think Satriani hasn't been as good since he shaved his bonce and I don't even have to mention what metallica sound like since they had haircuts.
# 2
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
09/02/2003 5:18 pm
This thread sucks. Close it.

Before we get into the whole, "pot is good, no, pot is bad" argument.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 3
Number of the Beast
Number of the Beast
09/02/2003 9:17 pm
Pot IS bad. It's illegal for christ's sake! I know I've tried it (and when I said no one here does it, I was being sarcastic you uncultured swine).
If I could be a solo...I think I'd be Eruption...
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/02/2003 10:58 pm
This is a great thread!
I have long hair(lower back) for the only reason being that it looks good no other way.Simple!
Dosnt make me great at guitar.I still work my ass off at it.I think those musicians who cut there hair and get sucky overnight is just a coincidence.They changed there image to suit the scene whether there comfortable or not.
In some cases they(satch for instance)just did the "I'm old and mature now" change(which is pretty lame).

p.s The only thing bad about pot is that its illegal...but not in alaska anymore!Thats one for the winning team!Spread truth!Defend your rights!

Later \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 5
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/02/2003 11:08 pm
Originally posted by Number of the Beast
Pot IS bad. It's illegal for christ's sake! I know I've tried it (and when I said no one here does it, I was being sarcastic you uncultured swine).

You can have your opinions, we will have ours.

Pot being 'bad' has nothing to do with why it's illegal. Alcohol and cigarettes are just as bad/worse, yet are legal; The government doesn't make things legal and illegal just for our own safety, there are other things in mind, like who's gettin the cash?

~Incidents
# 6
Digit
Digit
09/03/2003 12:05 am
hmm... first thing I think whenever someone with previous long hair suddenly goes for the shaved head look is the balding syndrome. Some guys get into their 30's and suddenly realize, 'holy crap...I've got a bald spot', and the easiest way to hide it is to either start wearing a baseball cap all the time or shave your head and tell people you did it cause you think it 'looks cool'.
In actual fact the guy is panicking because he doesn't know how he's going to maintain his 'rocker' image without his long hair.

Satch for instance is probably getting into middle age right now and rather than look like an old guy, he's probably doing the same thing Paul Shaeffer, Bruce Willis and Andre Agassi did and go for the alternate 'cool' bald look.
It's either that or do the William Shatner thing.
# 7
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
09/03/2003 12:12 am
-LOL-

# 8
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
09/03/2003 3:24 pm
Originally posted by Evo
I think long hair for a guitarist is like Samson's hair giving him strength. I think Satriani hasn't been as good since he shaved his bonce and I don't even have to mention what metallica sound like since they had haircuts.

Sorry but I'm going to have a rant....FOR GOD'S SAKE! You do NOT play guitar with your freakin' hair! Growing it long does not make your fingers play faster or make your brain swell with theoretical and compositional knowledge! I'm sure Satch must have waved goodbye to his years of guitar-study when he picked up the scissors.....lmao, don't tell me to cool down coz I'm not really pissed off....this thread's beginning to crack me up :D :cool: :D
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 9
Evo
Evo
09/03/2003 5:00 pm
lol ppl are replying like my post was serious.

Guitar players tend to look cooler with long hair. It's an ancient thing like when medieval swordsman looked better when they had hair swinging around. I have short hair myself because I don't follow any trends wotsoever and it doens't matter to me what somebody looks like I'll listen to music I like regardless. I like Dave Mustaine yet he's a ginge!
# 10
Fruitbat
Fruitbat
09/05/2003 8:25 am
Hmmm. depends on genre. Is it a coincidence that many of the jazz greats sported short hair or bald pates and facial hair. Joe Pass, Django and Wes Montgomery all had similar moustache designs. Modern virtuosos Martin Taylor, John Scofield and Charlie Hunter all have goatees. Al di Meola was at his best when bearded.

In the areas of bluegrass, country and I'd say facial hair is almost compulsory to whit Clarence White, Martin Simpson, Tony Rice, Jerry Donahue..

Someone here reckon Satch lost it when he went for the Agassi look. I reckon the excellent 'Crystal Planet' proves otherwise. On the subject of which, does Tom Morello have a shaved head? In his pictures he usually has that Mao cap on.

As for pot? probably a useful accessory.
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.