View post ("Thou shall not" gone!)

View thread

Number of the Beast
Number of the Beast
08/28/2003 1:08 am
Originally posted by Dr_simon
I don’t think the American constitution is stupid in the slightest and this monument violates it. "Stupid" describes the now "removed" judge who had them installed in the middle of the night ! Do you not think it slightly odd that the rest of the judiciary were unanimous in there decision to have it removed ?

I thing that when the state tries to shove religion down your throat and bases laws on it you are in danger of becoming a theocracy rather than a democracy. Freedom to choose the religion of your choice is fundamental to being a free people and is a right that seems to have come under fire recently (ask any American Muslim post 9/11).

Me, Im pleased to see it go !

Wow. Have you READ the constitution? This is a monument to the original laws, not to God himself! They aren't telling people to worship the Jewish or Christian God, all they are saying is, "hey, don't murder, don't steal, don't commit adultery" etc. etc. The American Constitution states that all americans shall have complete freedom of religion, and that no person shall be forced to worship any God or forced to be a member of any church. The Constitution says nothing about building monuments to the oldest written laws in recorded history.
If I could be a solo...I think I'd be Eruption...