Hey
long time coming back to this because your main riff sparked those lyrics I posted and I wanted to do something with them. Btw, I did listen to your full song and you have some good stuff going on there.
So those lyrics, which were inspired by your riff had some meaning behind them as my lyrics normally do. I went to school with two guys back in the 70’s who never made it through the 80’s because of bad choices. And for some reason as I was listening to your riff those words came up and I thought of those two guys.
But as much as I like listening to metal on occasion, I don’t actually play it and neither does my group of friends. So I took those lyrics and put them into the style of music that I like to play, a lot of which would be described as acoustic folky grunge. So I started messing with the lyrics and my acoustic guitar, and I played what I had for a friend of mine, and I could tell by his reaction that he thought the lyrics were too dark. So I redid the lyrics and took out the “ D” word and put my lyrics into Suno. And full disclosure here, for two years now all my songs have been written with Suno because I can’t write music and neither can any of my friends even the ones who think they can. Our music is dull boring and always the same.
So after some tweaking with Suno, I hit what to me is the perfect style of music I like to play. And my story of Mike and Steve is now put to music.
I played this for my buddy last Wednesday and he is going to show it to his brother who has what I think is the perfect voice for this.
So if you want to check out what your riff inspired, I posted a link of my Soundslice file. I’m transcribing the chords now.
Bill
Hey, man.
Thanks for sharing that story with me. It's and odd clarity looking back when you know the end of some people's books. Then the brain pulls that damage out of nowhere. Sorry about them memories, Bill.
I had a friend in high-school who tried to save a kid one morning. His name was Donald. He picked the kid up in his arms and jumped as far as could. The kid died and Donald ended up with metal plates in his spine. They were hit by a drunk driver walking to school.
We grew apart after the years as his views on life tarnished. Sucks.
Anyway, thanks again for sharing your story, dude. Cool track.
Thanks for reading, and be safe.