strat floyd rose II

concrete chaos
concrete chaos
08/25/2003 1:03 am
i recently had the strings' gauge taken up from 9 to 10.
when i got it from the tech the bridge was parallel. now when i come to tune it [to e] i find that the bridge tilts slightly upwards by about 4-5 mm...

does this effect alot and if it does would i be able to get it parallel to the body by buying better quality strings like eg: d'addario [i could have spelt that wrong]
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 1
LordLuzifer
LordLuzifer
08/25/2003 2:18 am
the problem you got was because of "incomplete setup"
though i'm sure he did his job very well, new strings take time to stretch out so that they will not get out of tune, when he finished the setup they probebly weren't stretched out completely, and the setup turned to be a bit off.
i suppose you can live with it, but it might make the bridge not to keep tune because it might not be able to return all the distance back, if you have a crappy on like i do.
i suggest you open it and tweak it a bit. it's really not brain surgery, just remember to make the tweak equally.
i dunno about the strat, but i have 2 screws i need to turn, and i see no reason for it to be any different in a strat. make small turns and make the same ones on both screws, so that the bridge will remain equal.
# 2
concrete chaos
concrete chaos
08/25/2003 11:47 pm
thanks ill try that..

yea im gonna have to have it parallel tho cus the reason i bought it with floyd rose is to have it in tune longer.
but now i have to do it almost evry day cus its not exact on the pitch. damn.
'i dont have low self esteem, it's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else' - Daria
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/26/2003 1:55 am
Most techs warranty their work for a reasonable period of time. Give 'em a call and explain the prob.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.