Hey all,
Interesting topic you got going here. I don't feel so odd now. The short version for me is I got my first guitar when I was 43 (roughly). Started with a couple of lesson books and any YouTube videos I could follow. It was about a year later when I found GT. Like many of you, I was on again/off again with my practicing. I was on here for several years and worked my way through Level 1 and 2 and then started the Blues track before life took over again and the guitars sat in the corner of the room collecting dust.
I haven't picked them up for 6 years, and here I am at 58, starting over again. I came back to GT because I like the breakdown of the lessons and different tracks.
See you in the forums.
Jarrod
Jarrod, 58
Started guitar at 45, put it down at 51, revived it at 57.
2nd time GT member.
Learned 100% online (plus 15 private lessons).
Not nearly as far along as I should be, but I'm still chasing it!