View post (The Grand Days)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/10/2003 4:01 pm
would you believe me if i told you that there is a VITAL difference in reading the original, handwriten score of bach for example, and reading the reprinted version? there actually is! i´m not overexaggerating, but maybe i´m overreacting when i see a discussion on a topic where some of the posters do have no clue about what they are talking. dont get me wrong - i´m not calling anyone stupid or anything. nore do i mean to be an ass or playing the guru here.

my initial intention with this thread was to give you an idea of how to improve when playing music (other people´s music that is). you can be sure that i do alot of research before i say something on a public board. i have been asked on a different thread, where i got my information from. i am in the very happy and unique situation to call a few guys my friends who are extremely deep into that matter an who are real capacities - a wellspring of wisdom so to speak - they teach at various universities here in austria, and one of them has actually spent his whole life on researching stuff like that hexachord thing and all that bach-mysticism. of course oyu can say that they might also be wrong, but what they teach and have been tought themselves does not simply come from the crazed imagination of some random guy. what i want is to share that knowledge, for i believe it is too valuable to get lost. since we all are musicians i feel we should care about those things - no matter what sort of music we are into.

after re-reading the thread i see that we are basically talking about the same thing, while it seems that we are not. so before this ends up in a major arguement, it might be a good idea to just.. let the case rest. ;)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]