View post (The Grand Days)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
09/10/2003 3:36 pm
Az-

I believe we know what each other means, on your half I think your taking what I’m saying and over exaggerating it. I’m not saying change the piece in any way because you feel like it, like “oh that’s a G there well I think it should be a G#”. No I’m not saying that, nor am I saying you should play the piece how you feel because it’s what you feel. If you get a good score of a piece still written in Italian, it should tell you how to play each part the way the original composer would like it. Like if you playing a Requiem, it will probably say Addolorato (which means play mournfully) somewhere on the paper. That right there tells you how to play it and what the composer is saying. That’s all you really need to be aware of when playing a piece from a dead guy. “L” They usually tell you in the piece how they wish the piece to be played, especially back then cause written music was strictly defined. But how exactly we will play the piece mournfully is our interpetation, just as long as it's played in a mournful manner. That's the best we can do.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.