a little life change....

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
08/14/2003 4:16 am
well, it's not really little. i will be gone the next few days as my family and i drive me out to college. i'll be going to northern arizona university in flagstaff, arizona. i'm not sure what i'll be studying but i will be minoring in classical guitar. i'm really looking forward to this. my guitar teacher is apparently world renown. also, i just got my gt-6 and i plan on doing some recording with it and start seriously posting tricks. i shall talk to guys when i get a computer again, and mods please keep an eye on my sections. you know how rowdy this place can get.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/14/2003 1:25 pm
I hope you really enjoy it !!!

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
TheDirt
TheDirt
08/14/2003 1:34 pm
Yeah, I totally feel you zepp... I'm moving just about 1000 miles away from home (from Louisiana to Minnesota) to attend college next Saturday. I'm majoring in music with a minor in computer science. I'm kind of nervous, but I'm not worried about being by myself or anything (I traveled through Europe by myself, no big deal). Good luck!
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
08/15/2003 2:29 am
Just remember this and your college experience will be a good one....

Beer is best served at 38-42 degrees. Anything else is a sacriledge and alcohol abuse...

Use a glass when drinking a beer in the presence of a lady. It make you classier...

A 2 inch head of foam is an absolute necessity to properly areate the beer... otherwise you get the flat taste...

Beware of cute chicks after drinking a lot of beer, she may end up being "coyote ugly" when you wake up in the morning..

Oh yeah, don't forget to make time for studying and going to class in your beer drinking plans... You may need them to stay in school...

It is perfectly acceptable to use your beer bottle as a slide when playing to impress a cute chick... as long as she is not cute with your "Beer Goggles" on... don't forget to drink from the glass with a 2 inch head of foam also....

Don't try to drink beer from the keg standing on your head... You might spill the beer and someone might just consider it alcohol abuse...Well... maybe try it just once or twice for kicks....

Get a super soaker... They are a lot of fun to fill with beer and shooting at unsuspecting coeds for that impromptu wet t-shirt contest...

Oh yeah, one other thing... Never sweat the small stuff... YOu got plenty of time to do that once you're married... And always use a condom... If you can find time between school and drinking... I mean you don't want to have to sweat TOO soon :)

Good luck...

P.S. Always remember to drink the best beer that you can afford... And try to stray away from any beer that has the words "old" "best" OR "Heinekin" in it... and you will be just fine...
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.