New Song "Baroqee" commentz?

EternaLcRy
EternaLcRy
08/13/2003 9:05 am
http://cronus.spaceports.com/~kuzucuk/Baroqee.demo

please right click and save target as...
ok?
and please change the extension to mp3!dont forget!
# 1
TheDirt
TheDirt
08/13/2003 2:12 pm
Sounds pretty 80s-ish with the galloping distortion guitar for rhythm backed by the piano. Kind of neoclassical feel in the chord progression, but very hair band.

I like your use of dynamics with the palm muting and harmonics a bit before the 1:20 mark.

It's good to hear a song with an identifiable verse, bridge, chorus, etc. Sounds like you switched from your bridge pickup to your neck for a little bit at 1:36. Nice subtle change makes the little fast part a lot more fluid sounding. I was kind of expecting you to go into a higher energy solo around the 2:30 mark, but it was a nice change. The swelling is nice. However, a couple notes around the the 2:49 mark sound a bit off to me. I'm feeling that after the quiet section, rather than stopping, you burst into a loud, hard, fast solo section (same rhythm guitar as chorus or verse, but with heavier drums perhaps), then end the song on a huge powerchord with a Malmsteen-esque run or sweep. Just an idea. Overall its a pretty good composition. You've got pretty decent chops - and you sound comfortable playing.

One thing that I DON'T like is that the drums sound panned. The high hat is always in one ear, and cymbals in another... I'd much rather hear it equally panned - but that's just me.

What kind of setup are you using (guitar/pickups/amp/pedals)? Was that soft part improv? It sounds a bit weaker than the rest of the song - kind of like you got out of your comfort zone or something.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 2
EternaLcRy
EternaLcRy
08/14/2003 1:30 pm
I have a Vic guitar..I dont think you know the name coz it's turkish made!
and I have a Digitech rp3
64mb pII-350 processor,and cubase and vst instruments for the background!
# 3
EternaLcRy
EternaLcRy
08/15/2003 1:15 pm
any comment?
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.