Fundamentals Old versus New

challisview
Full Access
challisview
Full Access
01/23/2024 12:45 pm

New to Guitar tricks.  Got to learning fundamentals and there is a choice between old and new course fundamentals.  What is the difference or should I be doing both?

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/23/2024 3:56 pm

I did Lisa's 5 years ago, Anders is newer and I think from his advert, maybe a bit more stripped down. 

I'm sure both will get you up and running on the basics which is what they are meant to do. 

Lisa is still on the forum, but Anders is more active if you did have questions.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
Diamond_Dave
Full Access
Diamond_Dave
Full Access
01/23/2024 6:52 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: challisview

New to Guitar tricks.  Got to learning fundamentals and there is a choice between old and new course fundamentals.  What is the difference or should I be doing both?

I went with Anders solely on the fact that he was holding an electric and I'm a rock and roll guy.

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/23/2024 9:40 pm

Lisa uses electric in much of her lessons. Won't make any difference in the learning.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/23/2024 10:58 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: challisview

All the Fundamentals courses cover the basic curriculum of beginner guitar skills & ideas.  There are small differences in the order of material or how each instructor paces or presents any given skill or idea.  And of course a student might have a more favorable reaction to the personality of one particular instructor. 

That's one reason GT has Fundamentals course by 3 different instructors.  Another reason is to update the production standards to keep up with technology (better cameras, lights, video & audio).  Mine was done 15 years ago.  Lisa's was about 9 years ago.  Anders is the most recent, done close to 5 years ago.

I only play electric in mine.  Lisa plays both acoustic & electric in hers.  Anders only plays acoustic in his.  Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.