Rock bands

jibran.shahid123
Full Access
jibran.shahid123
Full Access
01/15/2024 12:28 am

so i've basically been listening to thrash metal and nu metal all my life and i'm wondering, could you guys suggest some songs, artists or albums to go along with the rock course i'm taking on GT. i listened to "balance" by van halen yesterday and was quite dissapointed. i'm sure that's not the case and that they have many wonderful songs and albums (if you guys could suggest some, that'd be great). always heard AC/DC was a cool band. I like zeppilen but like i said grew up in the 90s and been a fan of the grunge and metal scene. i like dream theater too but that's not the style i want to play.

i just want some listening to go along with rock course 1&2 to expand my vocabulary. any suggestions?

# 1
majestictone
Full Access
majestictone
Full Access
01/19/2024 4:18 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: jibran.shahid123

so i've basically been listening to thrash metal and nu metal all my life and i'm wondering, could you guys suggest some songs, artists or albums to go along with the rock course i'm taking on GT. i listened to "balance" by van halen yesterday and was quite dissapointed. i'm sure that's not the case and that they have many wonderful songs and albums (if you guys could suggest some, that'd be great). always heard AC/DC was a cool band. I like zeppilen but like i said grew up in the 90s and been a fan of the grunge and metal scene. i like dream theater too but that's not the style i want to play.

i just want some listening to go along with rock course 1&2 to expand my vocabulary. any suggestions?

Check bands like, Old Aerosmith before they sold out, same with Journey from the 70's, Thin Lizzy, Grandfunk Railroad, Styx, REO Speedwagon. Deep Purple.

There are so many great bands from the mid 70's and early 80s that didn't much air play because payola. I find the band Candlebox interesting, I love King's X because Ty Tabor is such an incredible guitarist.  Mind you, this is from a guy (me) who was into Jazz Fusion when I was 15 years old.  I very much into fusion now more than ever because it is just on another level of musicianship.  As far as trash metal, I like a few bands, I use to see James Hetfield at a couple backyard parties from time to time and we would "indulge in the herb of the earth" since we're both from the same neighborhood.  but like with all kinds of music, my playlist changes from day to day on extreme levels. 

Albert

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.