Breath taking

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
08/09/2003 12:47 am
What guitars have literally left you breathless on seeing them. I got a new Les Paul Classic in a darkvurst finish. Its similar to a tobacco. Its awesome, I cant keep my eyes off it!
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/09/2003 12:58 am
Mr CE24 still has me drooling and slobbering, I really don’t think I will ever own a nicer axe !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/09/2003 3:52 am
Not many guitars 'blow me away', i'm sorry to say. My Gibson Les Paul Double Cut + plays like a dream, but the look doesn't blow me away, necesssarily. Looks nice, of course, but not "wow, that is beautiful".

Then again, I have high standards as to guitar looks. Personally, i have requirements to a 'mind-blowing guitar'.
Here they are:

24 Frets
Ebony Fretboard
3 Humbuckers
Brass Neck Binding (looks very sweet)
Cocobolo Front/Back

And there are more, but I won't get into it. AAAAA Quilted Maple looks very nice too, and I would consider that 'mind blowing', as well. The Dragon Inlays that Alembic does, that alone is mindblowing, but not worth the $5 G's they charge for the inlay.

If anyone finds a Fender Stratocaster 'mindblowing' or 'breathtaking', then you haven't seen enough guitars, my friend. I'm the kind of person that doesn't find something breathtaking in appearance, unless it is rare to see it. Its like stop and go lights; nobody says "Wow, look at that red! Beautiful! Woah, now it's green! Why are the cars behind me honking?!", because you see stop and go lights everyday.

~Incidents
# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
08/09/2003 8:50 pm
I beg to differ. I have seen many guitars, as well as owned one or two, that were breathtaking, and the one that still blows me away when I see it is a Fender Stratocaster...

Now bear in mind that it was one of Jimi Hendrix's that he lit on fire at one of his shows and later gave to Frank Zappa... Just the mojo that oozes off of it in a picture is amazing...

http://zappa.com/dweezil/images/hendrix_gtr/big/front.jpg
http://zappa.com/dweezil/images/hendrix_gtr/big/back.jpg
http://zappa.com/dweezil/images/hendrix_gtr/big/zoom_front.jpg
http://zappa.com/dweezil/images/hendrix_gtr/big/zoom_back.jpg
http://zappa.com/dweezil/images/hendrix_gtr/big/mag_cover.jpg

This was the guitar that prompted Steve Vai to burn one of his guitars just like it...
http://vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar030.html

[Edited by hairbndrckr on 08-09-2003 at 03:57 PM]
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
08/09/2003 8:55 pm
guitars with wicked paint jobs always amaze me..i plan on getting a white jackson dinky/dkmg or somtihn like that with some differnt tanish colors maybe on the white with black kanji (jaopanese words) written on it..maybe somtihn else..i gotta wait for money tho
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 5
Enslaved2Metal
Enslaved2Metal
08/11/2003 1:05 am
Jerry Garcia's guitars seemed so beautiful and jaw-dropping to me...also, Johny Mac's double neck guitar is a ****in beautiful guitar as well. My dad had the fortune of getting to see him play it in concert.
...Only one of us walks away...
# 6
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/11/2003 2:48 am
Originally posted by Enslaved2Metal
Jerry Garcia's guitars seemed so beautiful and jaw-dropping to me...also, Johny Mac's double neck guitar is a ****in beautiful guitar as well. My dad had the fortune of getting to see him play it in concert.

I am a huge fan of Jerry Garcia and his guitars; Personally, I am not a fan of the Cripe guitars (Lighting Bolt, Top Hat; his guitars from 1993-1995), but I love the Irwin Guitars (Wolf, Tiger, Rosebud). These guitars are symbols of excellence in guitar luthiering, and the fact that Jerry played one axe from 1979 to the beginning of 1990 just tells you how timeless the guitar (Tiger) was. The guitars were recognizable with the man, and that's one thing I respect and admire.

Your dad got to see Johnny Mac, or Jerry Garcia in concert?

~Incidents

# 7
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
08/11/2003 1:55 pm
My vote is for Parker Flys! Also, Vox made a guitar that was in a kind of diamond shape that was super looking!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 8
Enslaved2Metal
Enslaved2Metal
08/11/2003 3:28 pm
Originally posted by Incidents Happen

My dad is a MAJOR deadhead and he has seen them probably around 100-200 times in concert. Back in '91 he saw them 18 times and there was one particular week he saw them 5 out of 7 days, including Halloween. Me- I never got to see them before Jerry died which sucked alot. I was going to see the dead a few weeks ino September, but I wasn't able to get the tickets. As for John McClaughlin, my dad has seen him a few times with Mahavishnu and i think he might have seen him with Miles Davis, im not sure. My dad is also a huge fan of davis. He has said his all time favorite album is Davis's Kind Of Blue. His Second fav is Hendrix's Electric Ladyland...so anyways hes seen some killera** guitars in concert alot (so ****in lucky) i only hope that i can own one some day...
...Only one of us walks away...
# 9
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/11/2003 8:31 pm
Originally posted by Enslaved2Metal
Originally posted by Incidents Happen

My dad is a MAJOR deadhead and he has seen them probably around 100-200 times in concert. Back in '91 he saw them 18 times and there was one particular week he saw them 5 out of 7 days, including Halloween. Me- I never got to see them before Jerry died which sucked alot. I was going to see the dead a few weeks ino September, but I wasn't able to get the tickets. As for John McClaughlin, my dad has seen him a few times with Mahavishnu and i think he might have seen him with Miles Davis, im not sure. My dad is also a huge fan of davis. He has said his all time favorite album is Davis's Kind Of Blue. His Second fav is Hendrix's Electric Ladyland...so anyways hes seen some killera** guitars in concert alot (so ****in lucky) i only hope that i can own one some day...

Yeah, The Dead definitely are an addictive band; they are one of the only 'rock 'n roll' band that doesn't have a flashy guitarist (yet still has an omnipotent lead guitarist), which I respect alot. It is rare to find a guitarist with such substance in the rock 'n roll type scene. Of course, Jazz has always had guitarists like that, but what are they playing? Jazz, and most jazz guitarists do not have a very distinct sound.

The late '91 shows weren't too good, Bruce Hornsby was getting pissed because jerry wasn't being himself on-stage; Then, one night Bruce just started slamming the keys, doing all these flashy, non-musical things, and told Jerry that he couldn't take it anymore, Jerry taking over Bruce's solos. That 2nd set ended up being very good, Bruce knocked some sense back into Jerry (who was having troubles with his Heroin addiction at this time). Bruce Hornsby is another musician I respect alot, he is extremely versatile.

~Incidents

# 10
Cody_King
Cody_King
08/13/2003 10:36 am
Parkers are like the Sports cars of guitars :) there really pretty and run well.
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.