View post (what to practice for an intermediate.)

View thread

jason.windish
Full Access
jason.windish
Full Access
12/07/2023 4:04 am

hello i know this may be a hard question to answer but. ok i'm an intermediate player and i'm at a loss on what to actually practice when i pick up my guitar to progress my skills. i cannot afford the 39 dollar lesson plan atm . i'm working thru all the level 2 GT courses, is there any good intermediate videos for practicing here that someone can recommend?, it's hard because everything is either too easy or too hard and TBH it's kinda hard to navigate the lessons here that are outside of the courses. i know a handful of songs, the cowboy chords, barre chords, power chords, the major scale positions, a little bit of the modes. i can improvise solo's a bit but i dont have any memorized.......they are all either too easy or too hard........ idk maybe someone can just recommend a good first blues or rock solo or song for an intermediate to memorize. something thats not just a few pentatonic notes or. something thats not all crazy. i.e. louie louie solo is too easy and no way can i remember sweet home chicago solo.

edited