Why the end of the line?

u10ajf
u10ajf
08/07/2003 7:52 am
Why is it that threads that seem really interesting to me keep terminating? Like that "Brain Stimulation" one, I spend ages writing a big reply and then shortly afterwards they die.. am I being egotistical or is it something about ME or do other people think they kill threads too? I love it when people have big political rants, talk about literature etc., there's so much more to a guitarist's life even than their blessed divine instrument.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
08/07/2003 1:43 pm
(I think it will be ironic/humourous if no one replies to this thread...)
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
08/07/2003 1:59 pm
dunno..sometimes people get bored of talking about one subject for more thna a certain amount of posts..i know what you mean tho..it happens to everybody so your not the only one
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/07/2003 2:51 pm
The threads don’t "just disappear", if you use the "view new topics" function then you only see the threads that are current i.e. some one has posted something in since your last visit. Same with the listings on the forum, the fresher the thread the nearer the top of the pile it is. If you want to view an old thread you can do one of 2 things:

1) use the "search" function which can prevent different people posting the same question 1 000 000 times

or

2) Use the "view threads active in the last x days" box when you click on a particular forum, either way the post will still be available. If you want to bring it to the top of the pile, add your new, exciting and previously un-posted thoughts to it !

Threads are very rarely deleted, and offensive posts are more likely to be edited or deleted by a mod than the entire thread its self. We recently had some one delete there own posts in another section however the mods have no control over that (other than closing a thread).

Freedom of expression = good
Offensive posts = bad
Censorship = bad but very occasionally a necessary evil !

I have never deleted or edited any one since being a mod and that reflects on how cool the people who post on this forum are, however… I will if I think it is necessary !

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/07/2003 5:16 pm
The Brain Stimulation Theory thread got immensely popular, something i didn't expect at all; Not too many threads get 40 posts on them, and when I wrote it, i expected about fifteen replies.

Note that you can still reply to these threads, even if they are 'cold'. every once in a while on here, someone will respond to a thread that is 6 months old, and jumpstart a 'new' inspiration in the thread, and it will jump to the top of the charts again.

~Incidents
# 5
u10ajf
u10ajf
08/07/2003 7:59 pm
I thought it'd be a funny thread to not answer too but I'm glad people have. Brain stimulation theory was a nice change to another thread about harmonics (if I'd bothered to write out new answers for each of those I think my hands would be crippled by now). The left hand writing/playing thing's really helped my tapping and today I amazed myself by catching a fly (a blue bottle) with my left hand! Cheers folks!
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.