View post (3 month Beginner- Not sure what i should practice daily)

View thread

jibran.shahid123
Full Access
jibran.shahid123
Full Access
01/10/2024 8:25 am
#1 Originally Posted by: matthewmerkel00

Hi all!

Ive been playing acoustic guitar now for about 3 months, self taught. I went through the guitar fundamentals 1 course but then got bored/ lost patience so i have mostly been on youtube. I can play the 5 major chords and change between them pretty well. 

For the past few weeks my daily practice has been... warm up (spider exercise, chord changes), strumming workout with a simple chord progression. ive been using yousician a bit for their single note melodies to strengthen my finger independence since ill be getting an electric guitar next month.

I feel like im getting into another funk where im doing the same thing everyday and getting bored so i am looking for something new. 

i think it is time for me to get in person lessons because they could see how i play and give me a routine to follow to get better, instead of trying to figure it out myself. 

I would really love some tips to help me keep progressing. 

Thanks, Matt

Dear Matt

I highly suggest you get full access and have a dedicated "work space". I'm not a promoter for this website but I created a work space/room for myself when I purchased this full access (in which I sleep as well :)) and I have been excited to play the guitar ever since. Please avoid watching endless quick fix youtube videos UNLESS you have your guitar on your lap and are following along. Even then I would highly, highly recommend you invest some money into GT because putting in money adds the needed motivation to keep at it.

Hope you get out of your funk and back into the groove!