For dedicated Beatles afficionados

manXcat
manXcat
11/02/2023 1:19 am

This popped up today in my morning feed. Released 5 hours ago.

The Last Beatles Song

Thought to share. Enjoy.

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/02/2023 2:22 pm

The Beatles tune, released today (2 November), is not yet Billboard ranked.  Per all the reviews I've seen, it may never be.  But... you know... critics.

Meanwhile, the Rolling Stones' new album is Billboard's #3 this week.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/05/2023 9:48 pm

Today I saw a commercial for the "remixed and expanded" Red and Blue albums to be released later this week (original release was 50 years ago).  This coincides nicely with the release of the 'new' single last week but it makes me wonder what's in store for next year, the 60th anniversary of the Beatles coming to America.

Wikipedia has a good write-up about the remixes and additions to the albums;   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962%E2%80%931966

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/10/2023 12:57 am

Starting this Sunday and running for a week, a 12-minute documentary telling the story behind the 'current' Beatles song will run on pbs.org and the PBS app;  Now and Then - The Last Beatles Song.

-- Chet Atkins
# 4
manXcat
manXcat
11/11/2023 1:21 am
#3 Originally Posted by: john of MT

Today I saw a commercial for the "remixed and expanded" Red and Blue albums to be released later this week (original release was 50 years ago).  This coincides nicely with the release of the 'new' single last week but it makes me wonder what's in store for next year, the 60th anniversary of the Beatles coming to America.

Wikipedia has a good write-up about the remixes and additions to the albums;   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962%E2%80%931966

I still have the original EMI (Apple lable) vinyl 'Red' album gifted to my by my wife -then girlfriend, for my birthday in 1976 when it was just 3 years old. The cover is tattered, faded and looking the worse for wear from time and use over the years. Long absent from my collection was the 'Blue' album compendium. 

Earlier this year I pulled the trigger and bought the remastered (?) 'Blue' North American Capitol pressing vinyl. Both good, but I think the newer album has superior playback fidelity (both resonance & presence). Interestingly, the newer vinyl discs are noticeably physically thinner.

Always good for a Beatles medley trip down memory lane for a couple of hours.

Have their entire album release collection stored digitally, and some either on (retail) or burnt to CD for listening convenience. What a ride it was!   

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.