View post (My newest purchase...)

View thread

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
08/06/2003 6:10 am
Yeah, I have an old Fender (Korean) Squier that I started with and I've been playing on that for almost 3 years now. It's different from most because most of them that I see are set up S-S-S and mine is S-S-H. I have NEVER used the middle pickup....ever. I have played on many different guitars from PRS to Les Paul's to Fenders to Ibanez to Peavey, pretty much the mainstream stuff (I have a rich buddy who can wail and spent most of his fortune on collecting guitars, had about 6 PRS's, 3 or 4 acoustics, a couple of Peavey's a Les Paul Standard so on and so on) I loved the neck on this Ibanez it was slim and fast.

It's funny because everyone always knocks Squiers and I haven't had really any complaints with mine, just that it goes out of tune a lot and I don't feel like messing with it. It was a great starting guitar but I wasn't aware of the Kramer's when I first started playing or I would've gotten one of those.

On to your question, I don't really know what I'm going to do with that middle pickup yet. A humbucker would be nice, but I think it would be a pain to install or a fortune to have it installed.

But yeah I couldn't pass this deal up. I want to get rid of my Washburn Electric/Acoustic. But I think I'd sound like a pretty big dick going in there, "Hey man, I know you knocked $200 off the price of that guitar but would you also take a trade." Who knows, he might go for it.

Thanks for the reply.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.