Is it over?

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
11/02/2023 5:57 am

manXcat, it's been obvious to me for some time that you (and a few others in here) are a lot more ambitious than me when it comes to seeking out alternative learning sources. As such, it's not surprising that you've found numerous musical treasures (content and instructors), even without additional financial outlays. Kudos to you folks for that! I've tried that approach but consistently get ridiculously distracted and ultimately frustrated. Consequently, I get the most done by staying within the eight walls of two structured learning sites. A musical Magellan I am not. But happy sailing to you and your fellow explorers 👨‍🍳

Sascha

edited
# 21
manXcat
manXcat
11/02/2023 6:59 am

"Musical Magellan" = ] alliteration FTW. 

In most cases, I was song driven when GT didn't cater to my specific want/need or I wanted more authentic tutes of the originals where they might have covered a song. e.g. The Beatles "Revolution". Over the years I've learned who meets those requirements and/or is a fit for me. Along that journey I discovered other sites e.g. MyTwangyGuitar which resonate with me with genre and song tute packages and great tuition.

I'd tried other freebie packages out of sheer curiosity e.g. Fender Play, which definitely wasn't for me -felt like I was a sonambulist, GuitarZero2Hero & GuitarZoom to name a few. Of those one did resonate with me, and I took that on as well as it has a different approach to Guitar Tricks and I felt I was deriving benefit from both. but that was more than enough for a measured approach. Any more and my energy would be misdirected and incapable of focus.

edited
# 22

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.