View post (Is it over?)

View thread

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
10/31/2023 1:42 am

"What about meeee?"

😄 I laughed when I read this, as it immediately made me think of Cartman from the animated series South Park, who whines this phrase in a hysterical manner almost every episode. Anyways, like John and many others in this forum, I too lost at least three 'not yet completed by me' song tutorials over the past year. What I didn't lose was most of the new concepts, licks and techniques that I learned while sweating my way through those tutorials.

There are over 800 songs remaining in the library and I still feel like a kid in a candy store. I think others might feel likewise if they just stretched their musical horizons and had a go at songs that don't necessarily strike their fancy. Someone in here recently posted a thank you to instructor Mike Olekshy for producing the tutorial to "Spooky" by the Atlanta Rhythm Section. Because I've heard this song thousands of times in my life and never gave it a second thought, my initial reaction was to pass on it (just more elevator music). But I decided to give it a chance and have found it to be musically unique and challenging and, despite being far from finished with the tutorial, I already find it fun to play (both rhythm and lead).

Once you isolate the guitar parts from the songs, even apparent duds often contain instrumental gems.

Sascha

edited