who are the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc most influential players

Fruitbat
Fruitbat
08/05/2003 9:52 am
First post for me. After JH, who do you reckon to be the most INFLUENTIAL rock guitarists? There's Eddie of course with what he's done for tapping an dive bombing. After this I'm finding it quite difficult to figure out which other guitar players have developed widely copied playing styles. This is not to be confused with players who have their own recognisable sounds as they may not have inspired legions of wannabees.
# 1
PersevereTheMetal
PersevereTheMetal
08/06/2003 5:55 pm
Thats tough. I'd say Hammett. But i haven't really heard anybody rip off his lead stuff.Robert Johnson. I'm pretty sure has been ripped off way more than once.Chuck Berry. I don't really know of many rock/metal guitarists that get ripped off alot.
A condemning fear strikes down, Things they cannot understand..An exscuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within.
# 2
PersevereTheMetal
PersevereTheMetal
08/06/2003 6:04 pm
What in the hell am i smoking? Can't think of many rock guitarists..bah i'm on crack.

Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page,Vai, Satriani. (In local areas, i have heard many Vai and Satriani ripoffs.) Hell even Malmsteen.
A condemning fear strikes down, Things they cannot understand..An exscuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.