View post (Encyclopedia of Awesome Tones)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/04/2003 3:34 am
I would explain it to you, but this Link explains it much better. Alot of the options on the Tiger guitar, will be on my guitar, with certain extras. Just take a look at that, read it over, you'll understand it better.

I didn't go into detail about the specifics, I figured I'd wait until specific questions came up, and take it from there.

Now, that being said, I'll tell you that my electronics layout is ever-chaning, in fact I just made a new, better electronics layout today. The essentials are all the same, but everything runs more efficiently (in my opinion).

*Changes*
Dropped the individual "MIDI/Guitar Bypass": This switch was essentially a switch that changed my channels from MIDI to Guitar, or from Guitar to MIDI; Instead of using a two-way switch for the simple bypass of one signal, I changed the Effects Bypass switch (which was a 2-way Toggle, Effects On, and True Effects Bypass), into a 3-way Toggle (1.) Effects On-2.) Effects Bypass-3.)MIDI On .
This means even less knobs, and I don't lose ANYTHING at all on it, the "MIDI On" part of the switch is simply a "Guitar Bypass" while the other two effectively are also "MIDI bypass".

I've dropped the Six-Way Rotary; It was a concept I thought could work, but ended up being too much of a hassle. I've replaced the Six-Way Coil Rotary, with 2 3-Way Coil Splitters (position- 1.) Single Coil (North), 2.) Humbucker- 3.)Single Coil (South)

I've also changed the neck humbucker (Dimzarzio SD-2) into a Dimarzio SDS-1, a single coil stratocaster stype pickup. I have a strong interest in Country music, and I can't get a country tone at all on my Les Paul. That, plus I know that most neck humbuckers aren't very good after getting the coils split (doesn't sound as good as a nice neck single coil). I know that would make the electronics the same as Tiger, as far as pickups/coil switching/etc.

But the new model, unlike the tiger, is based into two models. Revisions A, which has master tone/master volume (simplicity), and Revisions B, which has Master Volume/3 tone (One for each pickup).

Lord, after looking at that site (which pretty much sums it up, although it is something you have to see for yourself).
And, unlike Rush, I'm not looking for things to make it more difficult, I'm looking for things to make it easier, more logical, solve problems that can occur onstage. My layout, especially with the new style on it, allows me to control my sound with one footcontroller (for effects). I won't need a MIDI footcontroller, something I'm very happy about.
Once again, everything is ever-changing. I'm happy about the change to single coil in the neck pickup, I didn't think I'd have the balls to even consider making that change.
I'm sticking with my Onboard MIDI Selector idea, because otherwise, I'd need a footcontroller (By now, you should understand my hatred for footcontrollers). And the reason I don't like footcontrollers has nothing to do with movement, really, I'd just rather have a simple 5 Option On/Off controller for my effects (in this order : Overdrive, Distortion, Delay, Flange, Envelope Filter). there is no MIDI rack equipment, I can hook directly up to a Keyboard with a nice synth, due to the awesome technology of MIDI In/Out outputs.

~Incidents

[Edited by Incidents Happen on 08-03-2003 at 10:39 PM]