View post (Why bands bust)

View thread

Alliwine
Alliwine
10/09/2003 3:36 pm
Hmmmm....Well, I started reading the first page in which , it was musically interesting as well as somewhat amusing. After halfway throught the second page it was as discouraging as some of your stories. So, I skipped to the last page. ...Somehow we lost track of the original subject and got on to politics and how canadian people say aboot instead of about, when really they dont, and probably most of this is due to some episode of South Park where they have incorrect speaking canadians in almost every episode. I personally am from Illinois, never been to Canada, and have no Idea how they talk, but I will say this...Being in a band is work, like it or not. Preferably it's a type of work that you pursue because it gives you enjoyment. A band is Like a relationship. If you love it, you'll put up with the bad to drink the sweet nectar of the good. If you can't stand it and it is that frustrating find a new woman, they aren't all bitches. (supposedly). I personally have been thru almost every situation that I have read on here so far, however I love music and along the way somewhere I found a great friend and co-writer/guitar player as well as a drummer. Hopefully We will keep adding musicians and discarding the bad ones like eggs at a factory until the right combination is found. Until then I will learn, suffer, and love every minute of it because...I am a musician, It's in my blood, and it's as much a part of me as my dick, which, no matter how many fat women it causes me to engage in sexual relations with,(jking)I wont ever cut it off! Even the fat ugly ones have hot friends. eventually staying the course pays off! don't be discouraged rise above the normal wannabe and lead by example, Like one poster said earlier...."no one said it was gonna be easy". Thank god! or there would be even more idiots in this industry.