View post (Your influences,style?)

View thread

PersevereTheMetal
PersevereTheMetal
08/01/2003 10:03 pm
What derives your playing style? Who really influenced you to play?

For me, I'm not sure how to explain my style, Because i've never really looked at what i do. I'll have to get back to that one. But for my influences:: Chuck Schuldiner is my #1 influence, Just his riffs, His playing style, His abliity to completely sound new and refreshing on ever album floors me. He wrote some incredible lyrics, and was just so into the music that nothing mattered more to him. Pretty damn admirable. My #2 influence has to be Mark Tremonti. Alot of people put him down because he's in Creed but he's so great. He's a really good writer when it comes to his playing, I love how he sets moods with his riffs/chord progressions. And his technical ability is flawless. I've seen Creed live and man, Tremonti could really rip it up. WITHOUT overshadowing the rest of the band/song. 3# John Rzeznik..God he's a genius. He's so damn awesome and he's such a great writer/singer. He never writes two songs that sound the same.Melodywise and tuningwise. I've broken more than a few strings trying to play some Goo Goo Dolls stuff. 4# Satriani & Vai. Some people call them shredders or say they can play a million notes per minute but have no emotional value. I guess they've never really listened to them. Vai's whole "Passion & Warfare" just kicks total ass. He doesn't really show his skill..But his writing and technical ability is increible. I love his melodies and chord progressions. Same goes to Satriani. Great melodies and great chord progressions with kick ass technical ablities to really bring out the best in each song. And they both write some really emotional stuff. OK that about wraps up my playing, Combine those 5 guitarists and you have my playing style...More or less. What about you?
A condemning fear strikes down, Things they cannot understand..An exscuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within.