making the most of limited gear

Grub
Grub
06/27/2003 10:52 am
dunno 'bout you but I find one of the best ways of stretching myself guitarwise is to use a budget priced no-frills electric guitar with no or just one old-fashioned effect box. for years I used Hohner strat copy with whammy bar with just a plug-in Boss flange unit. this meant I had to work hard at making the most of limited resources by developing the whole arsenal of dive-bombing, 2-handed tapping, double stops, plucking,raking, sweeping etc. no fancy multi-effects units to hide inadequacies. anyone else tried this approach?
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
06/27/2003 11:10 pm
I do what I can with my gear, but I am one to get bored easily. Once I have tried every setting and done many a thing with a certain unit, I like to try something else. With each piece of gear you get you have many many more options for sounds.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
theeshredder
theeshredder
07/08/2003 3:10 am
i also get bored after tweaking my effects as much as i can.then realize maybe its because its not the right pedal for me therefore i go buy a new one,and the process just repeats itself thats why i so much effects.but the ones worthy get the chance to be on my pedalboard.that is until i get bored with it. but the one pedal that just gets new sounds everytime i play it is my ibanez ton-loke chorus/flanger man i think i have made up about 200 differnt new effects,everything from ring modulatr sounds to weird sounds ppl that i let use it say **** man that thing sounds like im pickin up some aliens talking it is a crazy pedal believe me and go try one for your guys self
"to shred or not to shred that is thee question"
# 3
METAL MIKE
METAL MIKE
07/21/2003 8:57 pm
THEESHEDER YOU MUST NOT FORGET THEE ALMIGHTY MXR PHASE 90!!!!!!!!!!!
"To bang ,or not to bang your head"
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.