View post (Velvet Revolver)

View thread

Ruyard
Ruyard
07/01/2003 7:36 am
IM STOKED ABOUT THIS BAND!!!

I too was a bit unsure about Weiland but hearing set me free i thought he sounds awsome and will fit right in. Im really looking forward to hearing the music as i loved both GNR and Snakepit.

Being a HUGE slash fan i am annoyed that Axl Rose's new band is called Guns N Roses as to me that would be like Dave Grohl calling the Foo Fighters Nirvana! Still an awsome band but they are not Nirvana they are different and making it big as the Foo Fighters. Axl i think may not be confident enough to release a new album without the name Guns N Roses to instantly sell a million copies and get the promotion on reputation.

Im really looking forward to Chinese Democracy as i think it can be a great band, very different to Velvet Revolver but still a good album if it ever gets released. Im just gonna hate putting it in my collection under the Guns N Roses section cause to me Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy are crucial to the band being 'Guns N Roses' and are what gave them that raw edge they had over every other band.

Anyway thats enough of my rant, i just cant wait now for some new music!