View post (Classical Guitar exercises.)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
06/24/2003 4:02 am
Naw I'm just playing it with a regular acoustic guitar. I'm looking into getting a nice nylon classical guitar soon as I get enough money saved up. I was actually looking at a yamaha last time I went to C.A. House (music store), I think they wanted 450 though. Which I didn't think was that bad. Yahama does actually make good guitars, suprisingly. I have a yahama bass and it's great. I don't know it was the silent guitar that your talking about, but it was a good guitar. Where did you see it for $399?? I'll definitely check that out man, that sounds like a killer deal. thanx. :)

Yeah it is fustrating cause your so used to doing more advanced things on electric. Then you jump over to playing classical and all of a sudden you got to learn to use your picking hand just as much as your fretting hand. I'm getting better at it, I worked on the rest stroke alittle today and it's getting to be less awkward. hah

I too enjoy playing solo, sometimes more than with a band. I think it's just the people I end up jamming with, I just never get the "spark" when we play. It's always some punk subgenre thing, which has been getting quite old in the last few years. And if I write a song I absolutely hate it once someone else tries to play it, cause there's no heart; it's just something to be played. There's just more freedom when your playing solo, especially in creativity and expression.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.