View post (What made you take up the guitar..)

View thread

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
06/19/2003 2:23 am
Oh yeah, I wanted to pick up the guitar because my brother has been in a band since he was 10 years old (making me about uhmm 4 at the time). He would always have his band practices here and stuff, and even though I had full access to a drum set, I always wanted to play the guitar. I don't know what it was but I was just drawn to it. My Grandmother used to play a mean banjo and yodel(sp) at the same time. Even though I used to snicker at her, I can now honestly say she was a bad ass banjo player, I never knew how hard it was to pick with all 5 fingers until I actually started playing.

Well she played guitar as well, and she gave one to my brother and I used to play it (make noise I mean by that). I was about 10 or 11 now. Well then he kept annoying me with it one day when I was trying to watch TV and I called my mother at work. She got pissed off because we called her like 278 times that day, so when she got home, she smashed the guitar into a thousand pieces. Needless to say I was upset.

Then came junior high, I was about to recieve my first guitar and begin lessons, but wait, changed my mind and opted for football instead (doh!). Then after I graduated highschool, 18 years old, I bought my first guitar, a Squier strat. Traded that in about 2 weeks later on another Squier. Have had that guitar ever since and have picked up a Washburn acoustc/electric since then.

All in all, I wish I would've started when I was 10 or 11. I'm 21 now and have been playing since I was 18. Still so much to learn.

P.S. I'm getting a new guitar this month :)
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.