View post (British People)

View thread

MikeP.
MikeP.
06/17/2003 6:52 pm
Yeah I hate that British mentallity too about them hating Americans for the wrong resons. They should hate the govt. NOT THE PEOPLE! Yes I have been to England quite a few times. I also used to live in Spain (My wife is from Madrid) and go back every 6 months or so.

Now on a nicer note. Every British person I have met have been very friendly and helpful to me when I was there. Although when I hear them bashing Americans they just sound so ignoarant to me.....and most of them have never stepped on American soil before. A curiouse thing I have noticed is that some Englanders (Not all) even bash different cities (Or even neighborhoods) of their own.....almost a tribal feel to it. I'm not one to judge that as they understand what they are doing and live it. I suspect it could possibly be for Football (Soccer to us Americans)reasons. But I never questioned it for fear of being rude to them.

Speaking of ignorant: one of my wife's friends (From Spain) Believed the movie "Bowling For Colombine" to be for real and believed everyword she saw from it.
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.