Why are we limited to only ten audio/video downloads per day?

cyberman
cyberman
06/10/2003 9:48 pm
I'm curious, whenever I go to download the accompanying audio or video to a lesson on here, how come I'm only allowed ten downloads per day? Not tryin' to tell ya how to run yer site or anything, but personally, I think the downloads should be unlimited. Is this restriction in place because of bandwidth or somethin'? If one of the administrators here could please answer this question for me, then I sure would appreciate it. Thanks!
Sincerely,

Van Miller

Birmingham, Alabama USA

# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
06/11/2003 12:03 am
well, this site costs money. it used to be unlimited and the downloading was massive. however, as that went up so did costs and it came to down to either limit the downloads or make this a pay site. i think you'll be happier with what we've got
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
cyberman
cyberman
06/11/2003 4:06 am
Okay, I guess I can understand. After all, gone are the days when banner ads were 'sposed to pay for everything(Yeah, THAT worked! NOT!). Anyway, thanks for clearin' that up for me. Laters!
Sincerely,

Van Miller

Birmingham, Alabama USA

# 3
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
06/11/2003 4:40 am
no problem
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/11/2003 6:12 am
Originally posted by cyberman
... After all, gone are the days when banner ads were 'sposed to pay for everything(Yeah, THAT worked! NOT!)...
Thanks for understanding. This topic received some major discussion among the Moderators, Hosts, and the Webmaster. It comes down to doing what you can, with what you have. Enjoy the Tricks - you get (a lot more than) what you pay for!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
MikeP.
MikeP.
06/12/2003 1:58 am
There's videos here? I'm in the dark ages. Someone please show me the light :-)
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.
# 6
Scott D. Hann
Scott D. Hann
04/20/2023 1:03 pm

I understand we're limited to only 15 downloads per day, but lately, I can only download 7-8 before I'm told I've reached my daily allotment. 

# 7
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/21/2023 12:08 am

Hi All,

The download limit is set at 15 per day. Downloads are counted based on how many times a user landed on a download page, regardless of whether they actually downloaded a lesson or not. Even if you land on a lesson download page that you have already downloaded, or change your minds and do not actually download it counts.

If this does not apply to you and you are not still encountering this error, please let us know.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.