Message Particularly aimed at hairbndrckr, but also to anyone that has advice

icecool
icecool
06/04/2003 7:05 am
I know that hairbndrckr is a bit of a Kramer man, so I wanted him or anyone to tell me whats good about Kramer, and if it's worth the buy. In particular I have seen the Baretta-II PRO, but I have no experience with Kramer, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Any advice or guidance is much appreciated guys,
Peace
# 1
icecool
icecool
06/04/2003 8:37 pm
Thanks for a helpful reply man.

Heh, well, you've made me see the light! It does look to be very reliable, if I do go ahead with the buy I will probably switch to DiMarzios.

Anyone else have anything to add?
# 2
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
06/05/2003 3:33 am
I've been a Kramer Man for many, many, MANY years. My wife says I have way too many and I should sell. I told her she would go before my Kramers do! LOL

Anyways I had my doubts a few years ago when I heard Kramer was back under the Gibson umbrella, so I figured I would check one out, and worst case give it to my kid to beat around on. Knowing the Striker line USED to be Kramers low end line (you know the type Plywood body yadayadayada) I was surprised to find the moniker moving up in the food chain. The features seemed too good to be true, so I bought one in psycho splatter.

Came to my door and I haven't put it down since. They have very fast necks. I also agree with ponyone on the pickups, as they are built to do one thing... Play loud and rude. But being into 80's metal, clean sounds are for wimps anyways...no offense :)

Truthfully, you just cannot go wrong buying one. If you got a problem, they take care of you better then your local music store would. I had a volume pot giving me issues almost a year into having my striker, and I called and they sent me a new pot in two days. Talk about service!

So step up and become a REAL man like PonyOne and I and buy Kramer. Of couse if you want to step up into Elite Membership into the Man Club, pick up an original Nightswan with the holoflash paintjob, or check out Doug at http://www.vh-guitarstore.com He's a Kramer man from way back and he also builds some of the coolest guitars on the planet. Check out the pictures of the Trillian Bullseye Holoflash guitar he builds. Even though I am a Hardcore Krmaer man if I had to choose between the new Baretta PRO II and his guitar, I would choose his hands down. Not only that for the price you would pay for a very nice production guitar you can buy a truly custom instrument from him. Original Floyd Rose, Top quality pickups, and any type of neck style you could hope for. Want a wizard profile, he can do it, wolfy? No problem. I will post a picture of the Trillian guitar he builds. Hold on....
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
06/05/2003 3:41 am
ok here it is:

So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4
icecool
icecool
06/05/2003 6:57 am
I've never fit new pickups to an existing guitar before, is it particularly complicated? I guess I could get the guys at the store to do it for me...hmmm...
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.