View post (Metal Heads, need your advise.)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/23/2003 6:06 pm
Originally posted by theeshredder
hey cody i like alot of the same bands you do slipknot is my personal fav these guys are so ****in original and pantera is just ****in insane if it wasnt for dime i wouldnt be playting guitar today and for all you people out there that use the term "sell out" JUST PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY OUR "MAIN STREAM" YOU PPL KNOW YOUR LISTINING TO LINKIN PARK AND ALL THAT OTHER **** but just dont let ppl change your opinion on the music that touches you cause i tried the shred **** and i realized what good is this doing for me nothing soloing is just a guy that is like hey look at me im soloing its all about them not the band realize it the band is playing its sounds aswume then solo kicks in what are you listening to the solo thats it dont get me wrong theres so good solos out there but its just to a point were they all sound the same and i have alot of respect for guys like hendrx vai satch angus but ITS ISNT ALL ABOUT SHREDDING ITS ABOUT THE BAND COMING TOGETHER AND MAKING AN INSANE SOUND I COULD SHRED THE HEL OUT A GUITAR BUT YOU CANT MAKE MUSIC THAT CONSIST NOTHING BUT SHREDDING IT WILL JUST GET ON YOUR NERVES

Is that English?

Anyway, if I were you, I'd check out some Scissorfight. They're masters of formulating heavy assed riffs and despite tuning to A, they also know how to use tone as Trendkillah was describing.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons