View post (Slide 12 bar)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
05/27/2003 3:50 am
Cool song Doc! The sound quality is really good, I don't think I can add much of anything that hasn't already been said. Definitely bring up the kick drum. I'd say get it up to where it's around the level (slightly lower) to the snare. The mix definitely lacked that bass & snare rhythm. Pull back a little on the bass guitar to make room for the bass drum, it was a little over-powering. That's my critique on the mix. About the song, my opinion would be to add something between the two vocal parts. Maybe a harmonica or blues guitar lick (even a rock organ, whatever you would want). I just lose attention there cause there's no melodic continuance between the two vocal parts. I just get a visual of a guy with a harmonica jumping in right there, or if you want to be unconventional, go for an accordion or something like that. I think something along that tone would fit sweetly. Bring it in on the right side of the spectrum, there's a huge blank there. Well that's my input. Really good song though. Do you drive down a lot of country roads when you get your ideas?? I just get that impression when I hear your songs, and that’s a compliment. The song has a visual interpretation for the listener. :)
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.