Fame and Glory!

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
05/16/2003 6:16 am
Yo!!

What do you guys think? how likely is it to get famous over hte internet? I mean - real famous. Like someone discovers you on this or on other sites where you offer some of your pieces and whatnot. Are there any dudes online here in this form from a major label like Nuclear Blast or sumthing?

Or do you think it is not too likely? i mean - if i take myself as an example - i post my stuff on this and on other sites and i recieve quite alot emails form peeps who keep telling me that my stuff is cool - so far so good - that can alreay be considered as some sort of "Fame", but does it realy count? does it realy help me in real life to get a contract or whatever? can i say "hey -i´m a known internetguitarrist - there are like 500 peeps around the globe who think i´m cool" .. i guess they will be like "go home dude!" *LOL*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
robbo97
robbo97
05/18/2003 2:14 am
well see I am personally to scared of people stealing my stuff if I post it, to think about it. :p (modest)

the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/18/2003 1:27 pm
Weeeeel Dude, I think you need a good plan and the first thing is having something (with a registered copy right) to sell!

Then it is publicity time, need something to drum up some interest (clips of songs maybe a min. converted into mp3) then a platform to jump off. (sell CDs, stream music)

Places like:
nowhereradio.com
songramp.com
mp3.com

can all help with this process but first, Id sort out a website that allows you to sell CDs / merchandise on line.

Also some of the more well known internet radio stations (like radioIO are good targets for complementary CDs)

Any publicity is good publicity, and target your audience!

Best of luck dude !

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
05/19/2003 7:18 am
right now i´m contacting - contacting like everyone who has something to say in music business. i have some good contacts to he german metal scene now, and to some known german bands who themselves have good contacts to the music industry. so i guess thats not too bad for a start.. we will see

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
kingdavid
kingdavid
05/19/2003 2:04 pm
Originally posted by Dr_simon
...I think you need a good plan...

Uh huh.
You're gonna have to work real hard to get something out of the net or anywhere else.If you're serious about a career in music,you got your work cut out for you.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.