View post (Too old to rock n roll)

View thread

spanky10940
spanky10940
05/21/2003 8:49 pm
somewhere in the middle of all of this someone posted that rock -n- roll was created by the young generation to defy the establishment (don't quote me, it's the general idea I'm after)

Now, with that in mind, wasn't it around the 40's and 50's when all this ruckus was started??? so, figuring another 50 yrs to make it to 2000, yep, that's where they come from. and as far as what they're doing, ****, I'm only 30 but I still pretty much feel and think like I did when I got out of high school, with the exception of a little (and I stress little) more self control and the experience I've gained over the years..I'm still the same dude.. why not do the same thing. Just because you get older doesn't mean you have to act a certain way or stop doing what you love. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is older than I am or has been doing something that long, has to be doing something RIGHT!

Example, I like to play foosball (table soccer) and I learned that lesson very quickly. I played against some college kids, kicked ass (naturally =) ) and then these older dudes came up and wanted to play - yep, got spanked! They rolled us up and smoked us!!!! The same goes for any guitar player that's out there. Think about where you started and where you're at now - now add 20 years to that....

At any rate - as long as what they're doing makes them happy, go with it!!

I must admit tho - when you see a Keith Richards out there doing his thing, kinda makes you wonder how they can get a corpse to rock like that!!!!
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson