wrist pain

Displacer
Displacer
05/11/2003 9:47 am
i have been getting wrist pains a lot recently when i play acoustic, i think my strings are too high and im thinking of sanding down the back bit...but besides the point, i remember reading an article by marty friedman a while back but i cant remember what it said, it was someting about wrist exercises before you play guitar...does anyone know these exercises and if so please post them!

thanks!

Displacer
# 1
Josh Redstone
Josh Redstone
05/11/2003 3:13 pm
I used to get wrist pain. I realized that it was just a little muscle fatigue comeing from my acoustic. The actual agonizing pain came from cracking my wrists afterwards. So, I dont know wether you crack your wrists or not, so, if you do, stop, and if you dont, dont start.
I dunno about Marty Friedman's articles, but I have seen stretching excersises posted in Guitar World by Kirk Hammett.
What you do is hold your hands like Spock from Star Trek (the Live Long and Prosper thingy), then hold your arms out, either in front of or beside you, and point your hand up, perpendicular to your arm, then repeat, only now, with your middle and ring fingers together in the middle, and your pinky and index spread apart from those fingers.
I find they help loosen you up more, like stretching before a race.
And God said, 'Let there be rock!'
-And it was good
# 2
Displacer
Displacer
05/12/2003 1:26 am
thanks guys!

I also use one of those hand exercise things, but its damn hard to push down to the point so i can only do 50, but thats enough.

also i figured out that playing some scales for 5 minutes helps out too, fatigue wise.

anyway, thanks for the tips! ill be sure to get them done!

Dispy
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.